Move tickets allows you to change a customer's booking to another session, table, section, or seat, you will be able to move their tickets to accommodate.
This article covers:
- Where tickets can be moved to
- How to move customers' tickets
- How reporting works when a customer's tickets are moved
Where tickets can be moved to
The Move Tickets feature allows you to move tickets within an event. This includes the following areas:
- To an alternative Session Time
- To an alternative Section
- To an alternative seat number in a seating plan
You will not have the ability to move a ticket to an alternative Event in your account. You can only move tickets within the same event.
Keep in mind the customer's Ticket Type that they originally selected will remain the same along with the value it was paid for.
If you need to change their Ticket Type or move them to an alternative Event, the easiest solution is to refund and void the tickets in question and get them to re-book the correct/alternative Event or Ticket Type.
Alternatively, you could void their ticket without providing a refund, then use a Hidden Ticket or Promotional Code (that discounts the ticket by 100%) to issue the customer with the alternative Ticket Type or tickets to the alternative Event.
How to move a customers' tickets
If you need to move someone's booking without being prompted by them, make sure you communicate clearly with them. This will ensure you have them on side as to why the move is necessary.
To move a customer's tickets:
- From the account Dashboard, click Booking & Refunds then Manage bookings
- Use the filters to locate the booking you wish to use. Please note none of the fields are mandatory. If unsure, use the Customer field and enter in the customer's last name
- Once you have located the booking you wish to move, click the 3 dots to the right of the booking
- Select Move Tickets from the drop-down menu
If the customer has purchased to more than one event in the booking, you will be asked to select which event tickets you would like to move in this drop-down
- Select the tickets within the booking you would like to move (all tickets will be selected by default), and click Next: Select Session/Section
- Using the drop-down menus, select the Session and Section you'd like to move the tickets to. If the Section that is selected has a Seat Allocation, a seating plan will present. Click the seats you would like to move the tickets to
- Click Next: Review & Confirm
- Review what tickets have been selected for moving, and the new Session/Section/Seats that has been selected for them to be moved to
- In the Reason for move field, enter a reason for the move e.g. Requested by customer, error in seats booked, change in seating plan etc.
- Should you wish to notify the customer that their booking has been moved and provide them with updated tickets, keep Notify Customer enabled. This will send a system email that contains the 'Reason for move' that has been entered.
Note: There may be instances where you move bookings to allow for changes in your set up, but these changes do not affect the customer booking allocation. In this such instances, there is no need to notify the customer as what they have selected is still valid.
You may find that all or a large number of bookings need to be moved (e.g. If you even changes from Allocated Seating to General Admission). In this instance you may choose not to notify the customer at the time of moving the booking, but rather use the Email Buyers feature to notify all customers of the change and provide them with a copy of the new tickets.
- Click Move Tickets to complete the move
How reporting works when customers tickets are moved
Once a ticket has been moved, all reports will be updated to reflect the changes made to this ticket.
The Moved Booking report will provide you with a list of tickets that have been moved on event. It includes a complete audit of tickets that have been moved. This includes:
- The name of the booking and Booking ID that has had tickets moved
- Which ticket/s in the booking were moved
- What Session/Section/Seat the ticket was assigned prior to the move
- What Session/Section/Seat the ticket was moved to
- The date and time of the tickets where moved
*Recommendation of events with allocated seating*:
This will assist you quickly with directing the customer to their correct section or seats, in the event they accidentally present the old copy of their tickets and report their seat as "double booked".