Mistakes happen and circumstances change. Whether it's a typo or alternate attendee information needs updating in a booking, Edit a Booking allows you to edit the data entered by the customer.
With edits, reports will update in real-time, ensuring you have all the correct data to properly manage your events.
Only those with Account Owner or Power User access will be able to Edit a Booking. Finance and Basic Access users will not have access to this feature.
This article covers:
To edit booking and attendee data:
- From the left menu, click Dashboard.
- From the left menu, click Booking & Refunds then click Edit a booking.
- Select the name of the event the customer has booked in the Event Name field.
- Enter the booking person's Last Name and click Search. There is no need to enter all fields on this screen. You may refine the search by adding the First Name, if needed.
- Once you have located the booking you wish to edit, click Edit.
- From the pop-up box, change the required details of the booking.
- You may choose to notify the buyer of these updates by checking the box, Send Notification Email to Ticket Buyer.
- Click Save.
The top section is the information which was entered upon checkout, including name, address, phone and email.
If you have collected data using custom fields, these will also be displayed under either the Per booking or Ticket details headings. Upon saving, validation will be made to your fields to ensure they match the criteria set for the current event at that time; if a field is required, you cannot leave it blank.
As the tickets and receipts are issued to your customer as a PDF, these changes will not automatically update on their copy issued at the time of booking. Should you wish to issue new tickets and receipts with the updated information stated, see Find a Booking and re-sending tickets for instructions.
The Ticket Type and the amount paid cannot be edited. You should instead refund the original booking and process a new ticket at the changed price.
Seat, Sections and Session selections cannot be edited from this screen. You will be able to make these changes using the Moving a Booking feature.