When you set up a Free Event on Vanco Events, there are no ticket types created, which means that these event types won't appear in the Box Office web Point of Sale screen or the Box Office app.
However, you can add a free event to both Box Office option by simply creating a new ticket type that has is $0.00 in value.
As your ticket has a $0.00 value, no fees will be charged for dale of this ticket type.
To add in a fee ticket to your events so that is displays in Box Office:
- From the left menu, click Dashboard
- Under Manage events overview, click on the name of the event that you wish to sell tickets to on the box office
- From the left menu, click Pricing groups (ticket prices), under Ticketing
- Click the text Default Pricing Group
- Under Ticket Price, click on Add Ticket Type
- Fill in the following fields:
- Ticket Name: Name your ticket something general e.g. General Admission, Free Entry etc.
- Description: allows for additional information about the ticket to aid the customer in their selection. It's not a mandatory field, so you can leave blank
- Group Ticket: Keep unselected
- Amount: Enter numeral 0
- Status: Keep set to Active
Available: Select either Online and Box Office or Box Office Only
- Online and Box Office: The ticket will be available for sale and for online as well via Box Office
Box Office Only: The ticket will only be available for sale via Box Office. It will not be visible for online sales
- Click Save and Close