Box Office & Card Swipe readers
Box Office allows Event Organizers to sell tickets quickly and easily at the door of their events. It is integrated with Vanco Accept app and MagTek iDynamo 6 for iOS card swipe readers to accept both card and cash payments.
MagTek iDynamo 6 for iOS Card Reader – contact Vanco Events support to order email@example.com
Important note: while this card reader includes a chip reader, it will ONLY work when swiping a card.
- iOS device (compatible with card reader):
- iPhone versions: X, XR, XS, XS Max, 8, 8 Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus
- iPad versions: Pro 10.5-inch, Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation), Pro 9.7-inch (1st generation), mini (5th generation), mini 4, Air (3rd generation), Air 2, mini 3, Air, iPad (6th generation), iPad (5th generation)
- On your iOS device: Download the Vanco Accept app from the App Store.
- On your iOS device: iOS Settings update to work with Vanco Accept app if on version 15 or higher. To complete this update:
- Open the Settings app of your iOS device.
- Scroll down and tap on “Safari.”
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap on “Advanced.”
- Tap on “Experimental Features” at the bottom.
- Scroll down until you see “NSURLSession WebSocket.”
- Disable “NSURLSession WebSocket.”
(Recommended) Strong Wi-Fi connection while taking payments.
(Optional) Printing: Supports 58mm and 80mm thermal printers or classic A4 printers. For thermal printers, we recommend EPSON-TM-T82II model.
To do (before the event)
- Contact Vanco Events support firstname.lastname@example.org with all of the team members that require Box Office access.
- Create your event(s) in the Vanco Events portal as you normally would.
- Events won’t automatically show on the Vanco Events box office. You will need to update the ticket types to be available on the box office by going to Pricing group (Ticket prices) > Select pricing group > Select Ticket> Available >Set to ‘Online and Box Office’ or ‘Box Office Only’.
Begin Selling Tickets
Plug in the card reader to your device
On your device, login to the Vanco Events portal - https://portal.vancoevents.com/us/auth
Select the hamburger menu
Box Office > Point of sale
Select your event session and begin taking orders
You have the option to take Card or Cash payments
Click Open and you will be redirected to the Vanco Acccept app. Note: If you have not downloaded this app you will be taken to the App Store page.
You have been redirected to the Vanco Accept app. Once you see ‘Ready To Swipe’ you will swipe the payor’s card. Important: DO NOT USE THE CHIP READER - THIS IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
Card Authorized. Now you can toggle back to your Vanco Events portal
You have the option to send the payor an emailed receipt by entering their email address. If not, select NEW SALE and begin the next sale.