It is important that you preview your event before you go live to ensure your event is set up as you had intended.
On the Event Dashboard you will see a Preview Event button in the top right. This will allow you to click through your event even if the event is not yet open for booking.
Whilst you can simply stop at the shopping cart, you may wish to see how the Confirmation Email and tickets issued display. To do so, we recommend creating a promotion code that will allow you to discount the full cost of the ticket.
To set up the promotion code:
- From the left menu, click Dashboard
- Under Manage events overview, click your event name
- From the left menu, click Pricing group (ticket prices) under Ticketing
- Click on the name of your pricing group
- Scroll down to Promotions (Discounts)
- Click Add promotion
- For the following fields, enter:
- Promotion (Discount) Name: Test
- Promotion (Discount) Code: here you can enter a code of your choice. This is what you will be entering on checkout
- Percentage: Yes
- Value: 100
- Auto Apply: No
- Click Save and close
With your code set up, go through click on Preview Event, following the prompts and selecting a ticket. Your event does not need to be open for booking in order for you to proceed. If you are logged in as the event organizer you will be able to click on Closed options.
At the shopping cart, you will be able to enter and apply your test promotion code.
Complete the rest of the fields, and click Purchase.
With the booking complete, you will be directed to the confirmation page. Here you will be able to download the tickets and receipt issued.
A confirmation email will also be sent to the email address you entered on checkout, with the tickets and receipts issued as a PDF attachment.
Once you have completed testing, you will need to void the tickets that you selected for the test. This ensures that those tickets and seats selected are made available once more for sale.
For instructions on voiding these tickets, please see: Refunding and voiding bookings