The Follow Up Email is an automated email sent to the customer immediately after completing their booking. You control the content, making it perfect for providing customers with additional information about the event (e.g., what to bring, dress code, parking and travel guide to the venue, or even links to online meetings.)
The follow up email does not replace the system confirmation email. The follow up email is optional and can be enabled per event and is sent in addition to the system confirmation email (which contains the summary of the customer's purchase, tickets and receipt).
To set up and enable the Follow Up Email:
- From the left menu, click Dashboard.
- In the Manage events overview, click on the name of your event.
- From the left menu under Emails (Communication), click Follow up email.
- Select Enable follow up email.
- Fill in the fields Name of Sender, Email of Sender and Subject.
- Name of Sender: Reflects your organization name, event name, or the name of the person the email signed off on
- Email of Sender: Should your customer reply to the email that is sent, this address will be the recipient.
- You will have the option to attach a copy of the tickets and/or receipt using the Attach Tickets and Attach Receipt/Tax Invoice fields.
- Use the email editor to create your message.
- Click Save.
- Click Test to send a preview of the email. The sample follow up email link will be sent to your account login email.
Use Tags to personalize the follow up email. Instead of having to say "Hi there" or "Dear attendee," use the tag [FIRSTNAME] as a placeholder that will be filled with the recipient's details when you press send.
Click here for a full list of tags available for buyer emails.