Send emails to and communicate directly with buyers who have purchased tickets to your event. You control the content and when the email is sent, making it perfect for communicating reminders, event changes, or important information before or after the event.
Bookings that have been voided or fully refunded will not receive the email sent via Email Buyers.
This article covers:
To email buyers who have booked tickets to your event:
- From the left menu, click Dashboard.
- In the Manage events overview, click on the name of the event.
- From the left menu, under Emails (Communication), click Email buyers.
- Complete the fields Name of Sender, Email of Sender and Subject. The BCC field is optional.
- Name of Sender: Can reflect your organization name, event name, or the name of the person the email signed off on.
- Email of Sender: This address will be the administrative recipient, should the buyer reply to the email that is sent.
- BCC: The email address that is entered in this field receives a copy of the first email sent to your Ticket Buyer. The BCC field allows you to have a copy of the email on the date it was sent, as well as gives you confirmation that the email was sent successfully.
- You will have the option to attach a copy of the buyer(s)' tickets and/or receipt using the Attach Tickets and Attach Receipt/Tax Invoice fields.
- Use the email editor to create your message.
- Use the To Attendees drop-down to choose to send to All Sessions or just a specific Session Time.
- Click Save.
- Click Test to send a preview of the email to the main administrator account email.
- When you are ready to send to your customers, click Send Now. The email will immediately be sent to your ticket buyers.
Use Tags to personalize your email. Instead of having to say "Hi there" or "Dear attendee", you can use the tag [FIRSTNAME] as a placeholder that will be filled with the recipient's details when you press send.
Click here for a full list of tags available for buyer emails.
The email buyers tool will only send messages to the person who made the booking, using the email address entered at the time of purchase. This tool is used to communicate with your buyers directly about the event for which they have purchased tickets.
This feature is not intended for marketing or invitations purposes. Doing so may be an infringement on anti-spam laws.
If you want to email marketing materials to event attendees using your own email system, you can download all customer email addresses using the export data report. It is important to take into consideration the customers preference for Permission to Contact.