Have you ever had to cancel an event or session time due to unavoidable circumstances such as bad weather or a sick performer? Vanco Events allows you to cancel session times and events to inform ticket buyers and stop ticket sales.
This article will cover
To cancel a particular Session Time:
- On the left menu, click on Dashboard
- Under Manage events overview, click on the name of the event you wish to postpone
- On the left menu, under Basic information select Session times
- Click Edit next to the session you wish to cancel
- In Additional Settings, and change the Status to Cancelled
- Click Save
Should your session have already taken bookings:
You may wish to use the Email Buyers feature to communicate to these customers regarding the cancellation to help avoid any confusion.
You will be able to refund your customers directly through the system. To refund your customers:
- On the left menu, press Dashboard
- Click Refunds under Booking to begin actioning refunds
Once a session has been cancelled, you cannot move a booking to this session time.
To cancel an event, all session times must be cancelled. This means that if you have multiple sessions, you must follow the steps listed above for each session.
Once the event has been cancelled, the event will be marked as cancelled both on the booking pages and within the Vanco Events portal.