Add a donation option to any Vanco Events event to encourage giving prior to your event. For those that maybe can't make your event or have the money now to give, it's a perfect way to raise additional funds for your great cause.
To accept donations, you should be registered with any applicable governing bodies.
TIP: If you add your ABN / VAT and enable the tax invoice. You will then have a legal Tax Invoice with messaging that donations over $2 are tax deductible.
Enabling the donations
- From the dashboard, select your event and then from Additional information, Donations.
- Add your appeal message and logos.
- Set if you wish to specify a Donor Specified amount, which will allow the customer to nominate the value they wish to donate or a list of donation amount that the customer can then select from.
- Select enable donations.
A donation screen similar to below can be crafted with your own message and logos. This screen presents itself during the booking process after the tickets page.
When people cannot attend your event
How to allow them to make a donations
If you would like to provide the option for those who cannot attend to make a donation, you can do so without affecting the capacity of your event.
- To do so you will need to add two sections to your event; one for 'Attending', and one for 'Not Attending'. You may wish to add a description to each section i.e. for Not Attending, 'I can't attend, but would like to make a donation'.
- The next step is to add a new pricing group for the 'Not Attending' section via Pricing Groups. In this new 'Not Attending' pricing group, add a Ticket Type called 'Donation Only', a description "Please enter 1 in the quantity field" and set the amount to zero.
- From Pricing Schema, link the non-attending section to the non-attending pricing group.
- Via Make a booking, check your work.