The dates/times of your event are stored in session times. The session time controls what shows on your ticket, event and also when your event will open and close. You can edit this data as you need.
Every event will have at least one session, which is defined as a date and time. This date and time is then shown for confirmation on your event page and tickets and is used to extract data from your reports.
Your Session Times contains the date/time of the event but also the time you will commence taking bookings and when your event will close from taking bookings.
In this article we will look at how to:
- Set a session time
- Add in multiple session times
- How to adjust your booking window (Booking Start or End Time)
- How to adjust Session time wording from a Date / Time to something else
To update or add a session time, first select your event from the dashboard and then select session times from Basic Information.
These dates and times can be amended as required for the session, booking start, or end time. As your event is created, it will have the 1 session time. You may be running a show that runs over several nights or a course that happens periodically. You can add additional dates to this one event via selecting your event on the dashboard and then session times and add a session time.
It's not always logical to display the default date/time if you're using Vanco Events for:
- A season pass, covering multiple dates
- A registration season e.g. winter
- Conferences where it runs over several dates
- Taking time-based bookings where you only need a date
- and where you'd like to include the finishing time too
Learn about how to change the standard session time label so that it reads more appropriately for your event, rather than a single date and time.
Extending a booking time
The time at which your event opens and closes is determined by your Booking Start and Booking End Date and Time. This is determined and set by you at the time of creating the event, or by updating the event at a later point in time. Your event will close as soon as the Booking End Date and Time has passed. Once this has occurred the following text will display on your Event Homepage in red "The booking window has closed. Please contact the event organizer."
Understanding that people leave their RSVP's to the last minute, it's easy to extend your booking and re-open your bookings:
- Click on your event on the dashboard.
- Basic information, select Sessions Times.
- Select each date/time and move the Booking End Date / Time. Save.
- Click on Make a Booking to confirm your event is now ready to take bookings again.
Changing your session time label
As Vanco Events can be used for such a wide range of event types, it is not always clear for the patron to display a certain date/time.
- You may be running a conference that goes over a number of days, so it would be important to show your date/time as a range of dates/times
- You may be collecting registrations for the new winter season, so it's more appropriate to show your session time as Winter 2018
- It's a holiday program which runs for the whole week
- You're selling merchandise, such as uniforms or a special edition book
It is easy to change what is displayed by following these steps:
- Select your event on the dashboard.
- Select Session times and the date/time of that session you wish to change.
- Select the tab called Options and here you can type in your alternative wording.
- Save and check your work via Make a Booking.