Box Office webs version allows you to quickly and easily sell tickets at the door of your events via your Vano Events account. It is integrated with a Vanco Events Stripe Card Readers to accept debit and credit cards, as well as cash payments.
It is fully integrated with the Vanco Events system, meaning that you won't oversell a particular section or ticket type, and you'll find all reporting in one place.
For a Box Office option that requires no hire of a Vanco Events Stripe Card Reader, see: Box Office App
This article covers:
- Device requirements
- Box Office fees and charges
- Setting up the EFTPOS Terminal
- Processing sales via the Box Office web
- Printing tickets and receipts
To use the Box Office web version, you will need the following:
- To accept card payments, a Vanco Events Stripe Card Reader terminal is required. You will need 1 per computer/tablet you wish to use.
For a Box Office option that doesn't require the hire of equipment, see: Box Office App
- Access to power
- A strong WIFI connection - weak or unstable connections can result in difficulties in pairing the Stripe Card Reader and processing of card payments
- A WIFI capable device (computer/tablet) - see below table
Minimum 64GB SSD/SSD
Minimum resolution 1366x768
Mac OS 10.13 or higher
Minimum 120GB SSD/HDD
Minimum resolution 1366x768
|Android 8.0+ Oreo
Stripe card readers can be hired directly from Vanco Events. For equipment hire details please contact the Vanco Events team
Users that will have access to Box Office
The following User Roles will have access to the Box Office:
- Account Owner
- Power User
- Basic Access User
- Box Office Manager
- Box Office User
For more information on team members and their permissions see: Setting up and managing Team Members
For more information on setting up users that only have access to the Box Office, see: Setting up Box Office Users
Box Office fees and charges
Setting up the EFTPOS Terminal
This section covers:
- Connecting the Terminal to WiFi
- Pairing the Terminal to your POS device
- Accessing the Terminal settings
Connecting the Terminal to WiFi
Please note, a strong and stable WiFi connection is required. A weak or unstable connection can result in difficulties with pairing the card reader to your POS device.
If you are using a hotspot that relies on mobile tower connectivity, consider the influx of patrons to the area and how that affects mobile connectivity.
We would recommend using a network that isn't reliant on mobile towers.
Pairing the Terminal to your POS device
If your Terminal ID is not listed in the drop-down list for selection, or you get an error message when attempting to pair, please contact the Vanco Events support team for assistance.
Accessing the Terminal Settings
How to process a sale on Box Office Web
There is no need to adjust your booking dates to allow for Box Office sales. You do not need your online sales to be open for booking to process sales in the Box Office.
For your event to be visible in the Box Office web Point of Sale screen, you do need to have your tickets Availability set to a box office option, see: Activate events for selling in Box Office
If you are accepting card payments you will also need to pair the card reader with tablet or computer device before doing so. Please see Setting up EFTPOS Terminal, in the above section, for pairing instructions.
To process a sale:
- Log in to Vanco Events as a Box Office User, OR
From your Dashboard on the left side menu, select Box Office then Point of Sale.
- Your event activated for Box Office will be listed. Click on the Session Time.
- Select the required tickets for the sale, by pressing the green plus button to add tickets or red minus button to remove tickets.
- Select one of the three options: Complete Booking; Back to Payment Method; or View Order.
If Cash was selected: Enter the cash amount you received in the Cash Received field and click Complete Booking.
A green checkmark will display to confirm the transaction was successful. You will also be told how much change to provide.
- If Cash was selected: Enter the cash amount you received in the Cash Received field and click Complete Booking.
Printing tickets and receipts
To print tickets and receipts in the Box Office you will have the option to print to a thermal printer (for quick prints) or to a regular A4 printer.
Requirements for printing
Compatible Devices and Browsers
Printing is only compatible when Box Office sales are processed using Chrome as a web browser.
A full list of device requirements can be found above under Device requirements. All devices listed will allow you to utilise the print options.
Should you be using an iPad as your point of sale device, you will need to use an printer that is airprint compatible.
Printer Settings for thermal printers
Should you be using your own thermal printers:
- Ensure the point of sale device has the correct printer driver installed for your printer
- Ensure the printer is set to be the default printer for the point of sale device
- In the Chrome Printer settings, under More Settings, unselect header and footer option
- You may have to adjust the Printing Preferences set for your printer from your point of sale device to ensure that it prints correctly. Below are the suggested settings:
- Paper Source = Top Bottom
- Feed and cut = Page[Feed, Cut]
If you are having difficulties printing the tickets in the correct format after making these changes you may need to consult your printer manual for further instructions.
Enable Printing for Box Office sales
To turn on printing in Box Office:
- From the Dashboard, on the left side menu select Box Office then Settings.
- Click Printing
- Select the printer type that matches the printer you are using.
- Select Tickets and/or Receipts.
- Click Save and Close
How to print tickets for Box Office sales
With your printer settings applied you will now be able to utilise the Print option when processing a successful transaction via Box Office.
To print tickets sold via the Box Office:
Be sure to have your printer enabled as the default printer for the device. This will avoid your box office staff from having to make this selection in the print preview.