The Box Office feature can be used with a Vanco Events Stripe Card readers for accepting card payments.
Both debit, credit, and payWave are accepted through the Stripe Card readers.
This article covers:
- Connecting the Terminal to WiFi
- Pairing the Terminal to your POS device
- Accessing the Terminal settings
Connecting the Terminal to WiFi
Once you have received the Stripe Card reader from Vanco, as soon as it is powered on you will be prompted to connect to a WiFi network
To connect to the terminal to WiFi:
- Turn on the terminal by pressing the power button on the right side of the reader
- Select your WiFi Network from the local networks detected
- Enter your WiFi password
- Click Join
- Click Connect
Once connected, any new OS updates will be applied. This can take a couple of minutes. Do NOT turn off the device during this time. Once updates are completed, the device will launch ready for pairing with your device.
Please note, a strong and stable WiFi connection is required. A weak or unstable connection can result in difficulties with pairing the card reader to your POS device.
If you are using a hotspot that relies on mobile tower connectivity, consider the influx of patrons to the area and how that affects mobile connectivity.
We would recommend using a network that isn't reliant on mobile towers.
Pairing the Stripe Card reader to your POS device
With your card reader powered on and connected to WiFi, you will be able to pair the device with your POS device
To Pair the Stripe Card readers to your POS device:
- On the POS device, log into your Vanco Events account
- Proceed to the Box Office Point of Sale Screen
- Click on the EFTPOS UNPAIRED button in the top right corner of the Box Office Screen
- Select the card reader you wish to pair to the device by selecting the Terminal ID from the drop-down menu. The Terminal ID can be located on the back of the card reader itself
- Click Pair
- Once successful, Status: Paired will display in within the pop-up and in the right corner of the screen
- Click Cancel or the cross icon in top right of the pop-up to close and select your event to begin taking sales
If your Terminal ID is not listed in the drop-down list for selection, or you get an error message when attempting to pair, please contact the Vanco Events support team for assistance.
Accessing the Stripe Card reader Settings
Should you need to access the card reader settings:
- Swipe right across the full width of the screen
- Click Settings
- You will be prompted for the admin pin. Enter 07139
- From here you will be able to select from the following items:
- Language: Set a different language to the card reader
- Country: Set a country location. This should be set to United States by default
- Network: Reconnect or change WiFi networks
- Generate pairing code: Do not select, unless prompted by the Vanco Events staff. Selecting may unassign the Stripe Card reader from your Vanco Events account and prevent further use of the card reader until our our team is available to assist you
- Diagnostics: With provide you with OS stats and data