Box Office allows you to quickly and easily sell tickets at the door of your events.
Box Office is fully integrated with the Vanco Events system, meaning that you won't oversell a particular section or ticket type, and all reporting is found in one place.
To access the Vanco Events Box Office, log into the Vanco Events portal and under Box office in the menu, select Point of Sale.
Activate Events for Sales in Box Office
For events to display in the Box Office Point of Sale screen, the event must have ticket types that have 'Available' set to Box Office. Should no ticket types have 'Available' set to a Box Office option, the event will not be listed in the Point of Sale screen.
The 'Available' setting on a ticket allows different rates for Box Office sales versus Online sales, while also keeping ticket options easily understood for box office staff.
Consider charging slightly higher rates through the box office to help boost online sales and reduce ticket lines at the event.
To mark a ticket type as available for Box Office:
- From the left menu, click Dashboard.
- Under Manage events overview, click on the name of the event that you wish to sell tickets to on the box office.
- From the left menu, click Pricing groups (ticket prices), under Ticketing.
- Click the name of the pricing group listed.
- Under Ticket Price, click on the name of the ticket type you want to sell on the box office.
- In the Available field select either Online and Box Office or Box Office Only.
- Online and Box Office: The ticket will be available for sale and for online as well via Box Office.
Box Office Only: The ticket will only be available for sale via Box Office. It will not be visible for online sales.
- Click Save and Close.
- Repeat for any additional ticket types you wish to sell at the box office.
This event and chosen ticket types will now be available for sale via the Box Office Point of Sale screen.
How to process sales via Box Office
With your event activated for Box Office sales, ticket sales may now begin.
There is no need to adjust booking dates to allow Box Office Sales. You do not need online sales to be open for booking to process sales via Box Office.
To process a sale:
- Log in to Vanco Events as a Box Office User, OR
From your Dashboard on the left side menu, select Box Office then Point of Sale.
- Your event activated for Box Office will be listed. Click on the Session Time.
- Select the required tickets for the sale, by pressing the green plus button to add tickets or red minus button to remove tickets.
- Select one of the three options: Complete Booking; Back to Payment Method; or View Order.
If Cash was selected: Enter the cash amount you received in the Cash Received field and click Complete Booking.
A green checkmark will display to confirm the transaction was successful. You will also be told how much change to provide.
If Card is selected: Follow the prompts to complete the payment.
If the transaction was successful, a green checkmark will display.
Following a successful transaction, the following options will appear:
- Email the customer a copy of their ticket and receipt: Enter the customer's email address in the Email Tickets & Receipt field and click the blue arrow.
- Start a new sale: Click New Sale or select tickets for new sale.
- View the last order: Click View Order and a summary of the last transaction will display.